Harlow Golf Club, Essex.
Founded in 1897 the club moved location to a nine-hole course on Harlow Common in 1904.
From 1898 to 1914 the secretary was F T Basham, Hubbard’s Hall, Harlow, Essex and the professional H Cordell (1903 to 1919). The station at Harlow was 2 ½ miles away.
In 1905 the secretary was F T Basham, and the captain, J Balfour. Club membership was 40.
In May 1906 the gentleman's prize was won by Mr Newman Gilbey 76 net; ladies' prize Miss M G Jones 92 net.
The May 1907 monthly medal was won by Mr Newman Gilbey, 91-15-76; ladies winner, Miss M G Jones, 115-16-99. The Captain's prize for ladies was won by Miss M F Jones. The secretaries prize was won by Mr J H Balfour, 77 scratch.
The pre-WW1 images below are from the Christoph Meister collection.
In 1921 the secretary was the Rev F Peeles-Yates.
From1923 to 1925 the acting secretary was W S Gardener and the greenkeeper was W Dellar.
In 1926 the secretary was H L Usborne and the greenkeeper G Perry.
In about 1930 the secretary was A Cowlin, “Colinton” Harlow, telephone 15 the professional was W Walker (1927 - 1930) and the greenkeeper G Stevens. Local hotel was the White Horse.
In 1932/33 the secretary was A Porter, The Elm, Bury Road, Harlow, the professional J Walker, and the green-keeper, G Stevens. Club membership was 60. Sunday play allowed.
The club appeared until WW2.