Lee-over-Sands Golf Club, Essex.
On 27th February 1924, Lee over Sands Golf Club was one of the 16 clubs represented at the inaugural meeting of the Essex Golf Union. At that time there were 23 clubs in Essex.
A club that only survived for a few years, it disappeared just prior to WW2. In 1940 the secretary was R Lee Scott, telephone 62. The greenkeeper was H Last. A 9 hole course with a SSS of 38 and a membership of about 140. Visitors’ fees were, 1/6 a round and 2/- a day. Sunday play was allowed. The nearest railway station was at Clacton 5 miles away.