Porters Golf Club, Radlett.
Formed 1899, though 1896 has been suggested, when the clubs playing over Colney Heath and in the grounds of Aldenham Lodge, Radlett, united to form Porters Golf Club, playing over part of the Porters Estate, then owned by a Mr. Grace. Originally 9-holes increased in 1903-04. By now the estate was owned by a Mr Raphael, he asked that the club's name be changed to Porter's Park Golf Club. (The story goes that London golf societies such as the Dockers, Cabmen etc. were wanting a fixture with the Porters!). Information from Dixon Pickup.