St Albans Golf Club.
The club first appeared at a similar time to the nearby Verulam Club.
In November 1907 John Hill, who had long been professional at the Harpenden Golf Club, was appointed professional to the St Albans Golf Club. This would prove a great advantage to the members of the St Albans Golf Club as Hill was reputed to be one of the best teachers of the game in England.
By January 1909 the course of the St Albans Golf Club at Cunnynhghame (note spelling) Hill had been extended to 2,800 yards. The club was reported to be in a flourishing condition. Councillor R Ryder was President of the club.
Nothing further has been found regarding St Albans. If anyone has any information on the club please "Contact Us" via the website home page.
The Google Map below pinpoints the location of the former Cunninghamhill Farm, probable location of the course.