Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Redbourn Golf Club. 

First appeared in the 1900s. 

From the 1905 Nisbet’s Golf Yearbook; Hon. secretary and captain – G E Hall, Redbourn; membership of 25; Entrance fee nil and subs 10s; Nine-holes. The course is on a common with natural bunkers.

From The Herts Advertiser Saturday 13th October 1906. “Golf Club’s Annual Meeting – The annual meeting of the Redbourn Golf Club was held on Saturday, Mr R C Peake J.P., being in the chair. There were also present; Mr Wadmor, Mr Browne, Mr G E Hall, Mr R C Hall, Mr H Miller and Dr F M Bovill. The minutes of the last meeting having been read, H Miller, the hon. treasurer, presented the financial statement, which showed a balance in hand of £9/16s/1d. Mr Miller, treasurer, and G E Hall, secretary, expressed a desire to resign in favour of other members. Mr G E Hall was elected treasurer and Mr R E Hall, secretary. It was resolved that the Cricketers be the headquarters of the club.

A medal play competition for a challenge cup was played on the common in November 1906. The following scores under 100 were returned; R C Peake, 105-14-91; H Markham, 94 scratch; R E Hall, 106-9-97; J S Denny, 129-30-99.

Still searching for further information on this earlier club. It’s probable that it did not survive WW1.

 

Redbourn Golf Club, Hertfordshire. The area on the 1899 O.S map no course marked.

The above map shows the Cricketers (no golf course marked on the common). Reproduced from the {1899} Ordnance Survey Map.

 

The current Redbourn Golf Club was founded in 1971.

The Google Map below pinpoints the location of the early course.