Hartsbourne Manor Golf Club, Bushey Heath, Herts.
First appeared in the late 1920s. In 1930 the professional was A Wells and the greenkeeper W Spittles.
In 1935 the greenkeeper was R Scott. There were both 18 and 9 hole courses. The amateur course record was held jointly by R McCormack and J W Measer (73), and the professional record by Abe Mitchell (68).
In 1940 the secretary was Capt H W Bartlett MC, professional W P Keane and greenkeeper W Upshall. The 18 holes had a SSS of 74 and Par of 72 with a membership of 500. Amateur course records were now held by M G Stuart and A J Garland 70. Visitors’ fees were 5/- a day, weekend and Bank Holidays 10/- (if introduced by a member, 2/6d and 5/-). Admission to the 9 hole course was 3/6d.
Hartsbourne Manor Golf Club disappeared just after WW2. Hartsbourne Golf & Country club, founded in 1946, is the current club.