Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Starveacres Golf Club, Oakridge Avenue, Radlett, Herts.

First appeared  in the mid 1930s when the secretary was S G Wilson and the greenkeeper H Hill.

In 1938 the secretary was A J Revell at the Golf Club, Oakridge Avenue. Telephone Radlett 6191. The professional was A Wells and the greenkeeper F Smith. Starveacres was a 9 hole course with a SSS of 70 and a membership of 180.  Visitors’ fees were 2/- a day, weekend and Bank Holidays 4/-, 2/6d with a member. The railway station at Radlett was ½ mile away. Local hotels were the Aldenham Lodge and Red Lion.

The secretary in 1940 was  J Kearns, Galway Cottage, Aldenham Avenue, Radlett.

By 1947, A J Revell had returned as secretary. Club membership had now reduced to 150. The professional course record was held by A Wells with a score of 67.

In 1951, the secretary was W F Wright, Oakridge Avenue, Radlett. 9 holes with a SSS of 70. Visitors’ fees were now 2/6d a round, weekends and Bank Holidays 3/6d.

By 1954 the secretary was H F Wright, “Beacondale”, Newlands Avenue, Radlett. The 9 hole course had a total length of 5,258yds and a  revised SSS of 68.

Towards the end of its existence, in 1956 the secretary was R G L Moore, 47 Goodyers Avenue, Radlett and the greenkeeper A Judd.

Starveacres Golf Club, Radlett. Location of the former golf course.

There is a Links Drive close to Oakridge Avenue, a clue to the lands former use.

Grid reference TL15585,00200, co-ordinates 515585,200200.