Stevenage Golf Club, Herts.

Founded in 1902 the club had disappeared by the onset of WW1. The professionals were F H Potton 1905/6 and F Fiddaman 1907/8.

In 1906/7 the joint secretaries were P R Tarbet and P N Wurr, High Street, Stevenage. The captain was J E Dobinson. A 9 hole course with a club membership of 120.  There was no entry fee and subs were £2/2/0 for men and £1/1/0 for ladies. The professional F H Potton was also the greenkeeeper. Visitors’ fees were 1/6 a day, 5/- a week and 12/6 a month. The railway station was 1 ½ miles away.

In 1908 the secretary was George B Dunn and the professional and greenkeeper was listed as J Fiddaman, some evidence it could have been F Fiddaman.

The local hotel was the Yorkshire Grey.