Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Mablethorpe Golf Club, Lincs.

In 1911 it was known as The St Peter’s (Mablethorpe) Golf Club Ltd. The secretary was H Y Maulkinson a surveyor, sanitary inspector and collector to the Urban District Council, Bourneleigh.

In the mid 1920s the secretary was F Taylor, 1 Middle Pavement, Nottingham.

The medal competition over 36 holes was played on Saturday July 27th 1929. It was won by F W Woolsey, 112-30-82. Second was O Ibbotson, 120-36-84. The bogey for the 18-hole course was 45. W Wood had a fine second round of 46 but his first 62 put him out of the competition.

 

Mablethorpe Golf Club, Lincolnshire. Golf Road.

Golf Road, Mablethorpe.“Empire View” Postcard. Authors Collection.

 

Throughout the 1930s and 1940s  the secretary was J McCreery, 29 High Street, Mablethorpe. In the 1930s the greenkeeper was W H Brown, followed by H Goldsmith from 1940 until 1947. A 9 hole course with a SSS of 70. Course records were amateur Mr Jessop 73, professional F J Allott 70. The station at Mablethorpe was 1 mile away. Visitors’ fees were 2/6d a day, 7/6d a week, 10/- a fortnight and 15/- per month. Sunday play was allowed. Local hotel was the Fulbeck.

Mablethorpe Golf Club, Lincolnshire. Pathway from Golf Road.

The postcard above, posted in July 1936, shows a pathway from Golf Road towards the sea. Postcard by Empire View Production.

 

Mablethorpe Golf Club, Lincolnshire. Mablethorpe golf course location.

Location of the course in 1920.

 

 

Mablethorpe Golf Club had disappeared by 1951.