Brundall & District Golf Club, Norfolk.
Founded in 1903, Brundall was a 9 hole course on parkland with natural hazards, situated on high ground adjacent to the Norfolk Broads. The station at Brundall was ¼ mile away.
In 1906 visitors were allowed to play on application to the secretary, with fees of 2/- a day and 6/- a week.
The monthly spoon competition played in August 1908 was won by A C Cockrell, 96-18-78. The ladies’ nine-hole competition was won by Miss N L Davies, 52-5-47.
|1903/09||W H Ffiske, "Brundall House". (1904)||Christmas Stevens|
|1906||W W Spelman, Costebelle, Brundall, Norwich.|
|1910/12||William A Thurgar (1908)||Harvey Holmes|
|1912/13||C E Mason (1912) John Kendrick||G R Holmes|
|1906||M Craik (am) 78 C Stevens (pro) 74|
In 1914 there was a membership of 150. Entry fees for gents were £1/1/0 and subs £1/1/0. Ladies paid 10/6d entry fee and 10/6d subs. Visitors’ fees had been reduced to gents 1/6d a day, ladies 1/- then 4/- a week and 12/- a month. Sunday play was allowed without caddies.
In the 1916 edition of Kelly’s Directory the secretary is listed as J Kendrick, “The Knoll”.
Whilst the old club house has now disappeared, the only remaining 'link' is Links Avenue' off the Main Street of Brundall village!
Thanks to the Brundall Local History Group for their help. Website: http://www.brundallarchive.co.uk/