Dereham Manor House Golf Club, Norfolk.
Founded in 1902, this was a 9 hole course on sandy soil, with gorse being the principal hazard.The Great Eastern railway station was 1 ½ miles away. Local hotels were the King’s Arms and the King’s Head.
Club membership prior to WW1 was 72. Entry fees for gents in 1914 were £1/1/0 and ladies 10/6d. Subs for gents were £1/1/0 and ladies 10/6d. Visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, 4/- a week and 10/- a month, Ladies paid half fees. Sunday play was not allowed.
|1906/22||Reginald J E Green, Moor Lodge, Dereham.|
In 1922, probably the club’s final year, the membership was only 53.