Corton Golf Club, Gunton Cliff, Lowestoft, Suffolk.
First appeared in 1926.
The President's Challenge Cup for the lady members was played in July 1927, result; Miss Austin, 88-36-52; Mrs Corkhill, 87-25-62; Mrs C Dance, 88-26-62; Miss H Bradbury, 99-36-63; Miss E Saunders, 86-22-64. The Jago Cup was also played in the same month; Miss M Robinson, 94-32-62; Mrs Corkhill, 84-21-63; Miss H Bradbury, 95-32-63; Miss Austin, 86-21-65; Miss Banks, 102-36-66; Mrs Jago, 89-21-68.
From 1938 to 1940 secretary was R A Elwell. Telephone 566. The professional was G H Brown. A 9-hole course with a SSS of 68. The membership was 210 in 1938 and 180 in 1940. Visitors’ fees were 2/6 a day, 10/- a week and 15/- a fortnight. Sunday play was allowed and the club was licensed. The station at Lowestoft North was ½ mile away.
Corton Golf Club disappeared after WW2.