North Gloucestershire Golf Club, Leckhampton, Cheltenham.
Founded 1911 and originally known as Leckhampton Golf Club. The club changed its name to North Gloucestershire Golf Club in 1912 and the course was extended to 18 holes in 1913/4.
In 1914 the secretary was Edward Basing and the professionals C Lloyd (1911 to 1914) S H Pearson (1914 to 1921). An 18 hole course with a membership of 120. There was no entry fee. Subs for gents were £2/2/0 and ladies £1/1/0. Visitors fees were 1/6 a day, 5/- a week and 12/6 a month. Sunday play was allowed without caddies. The station at Cheltenham South was ½ mile away.
To celebrate the opening of the new extended course on Saturday July 11th 1914 a match was played between Ted Ray, the ex Open Champion and Harry Vardon, the current Open Champion. Scoring on the day was fantastic, Vardon finished with a 68, but his opponent went round in the extraordinary record score of 62, his card included two 2s and seven 3s, details as follows; out, 3,5,4,4,3,3,3,4,4 = 33; home, 2,4,4,3,3,4,2,3,4 = 29, total 62.
With competition from the Cleeve Hill and Lilleybrook clubs North Gloucestershire Golf Club could not survive and disappeared in 1922.