Chipping Norton Golf Club, Oxfords.
Founded 1890, the first course was on Chipping Norton Common, it moved to its present location in 1907.
The home of Mr A W S Hitchman at Monkdene was the meeting place to discuss the possibility of a club for Chipping Norton. The Field Reeves had kindly consented to the Common being used for the course. At the meeting Dr G Wright Hutcinson accepted the Presidency of the club. At this time there were about 20 gents as members, but they were confident that this number would grow.
The professional’s in the early years of the club were; A Finch, 1890/92; William Woodward, 1892/94; W G Saunders, 1905/08.