Bicester Golf Club, Oxfordshire.
Founded in 1902. The secretary was H A Fane, Bicester and the professional until 1904 was W Hutchinson, who laid out the 9 hole course, holes varied from 136 to 335 yards. Other prominent members at this time were E A Butchardt and C T Hoare. The club room was at the nearby The Fox Inn. There was a membership of 50. Entry fee was £2 and Subs were £2. Stations at L&NWR ½ mile and GWR 1 mile.
From 1904 until 1906, the professional was Alan Tribble. The post was taken over by James T Tabor until 1908, when H Lafolley joined the club. He left in 1909, and H Brown took over until 1911. From then until 1914, professional was Tom Forrest, and following the War Arthur Gladman was with the club until 1921.
In 1914 the secretary was still H A Fane, The Bank, Bicester. Membership was about 70. Visitors’ fees 1/6 a day, 5/- a week and 15/- a month. Sunday play was not allowed.