Bodicote Golf Club, Banbury.
The club was founded in 1894.
The secretary and treasurer was C F Edmunds, The Limes, Bodicote, Banbury and, until 1895, the professional and green-keeper was J Green. The committee members were A B Field, D Pellatt, W Borton, A Maxwell. There was a membership of 31. Entry fees were £3/3/0 and Subs £1/1/0. Visitors played free of charge for three days, but after that a fee of 5/- per week was charged, except in the case of a friend staying with a member, when the fee was 2/6. Club Prizes Monthly Medals and prizes were presented by members.
The course was about two miles by road and half a mile (less by the path across the fields,) from Banbury station L&NW and GWR. There was a small clubhouse. There were two good hotels in Banbury.
On Saturday November 16th 1895 Bodicote played a club match at Droitwich. The weather was described as being “a very bad one for golf as a perfect hurricane of wind prevailed and made anything like accurate play impossible” The home team were the winners by 15 holes to 2, Mr A B Field being the only successful player for the away team. The Bodicote team as follows; Mr A B Field, Mr Warde, Mr Teesdale, Mr Barrows, Mr Pollatt and Mr Wood.
From the Banbury Guardian Thursday April 4th 1901. "The principal event of the week has been the re-organisation of the Bodicote Golf Club, which will, in future, be known as the Banbury & District Golf Club. The old Bodicote club will be disbanded at the end of the present month, and the new links at Overthorpe - very suitable in every way - will be opened on the 27th inst."