Buckland Golf Club, Oxfordshire.
First appeared in about 1930 when the secretary was A C Vinen and the greenkeeper G Batson. A 9 hole course with a membership of 100. Visitors, fees 2/- a day and 12/6 a week Sunday play was allowed. The railway station at Faringdon was 4 miles away and Oxford to Faringdon buses passed the course.
By 1935 membership was 110. Fees were; 7/6 a week, 12/6 a month and 21/- for three months. Local hotel was the Lamb Inn.
In 1940 and 1947 the secretary was E W Fry, 10 High Street, Bampton, Oxon and the greenkeeper W J Rhodes. The nine-holes had a SSS of 66, club membership of 150.
Buckland Golf Club had disappeared by 1951.
After searching through some old maps the Google Map below pinpoints the probable location of the former course.