Shrewsbury Golf Club.
Founded in 1891, the original course of 12 holes was situated at Hencote. Unfortunately, after just one year, because of the poor condition of the course the club decided to move. They managed to obtain land at Meole Village and a 9 hole course was laid out. In 1920 the club obtained further land and the course was extended to 18 holes. The club continued at this location until 1968 when a new road scheme was planned that would virtually wipe out the course. After discussions with the council the course was eventually sold for the road development. The club moved to a new site at Grange Farm, Condover which opened in October 1971.
Result of a club match played at Ludlow in April 1934.
|J W Moxon||1||A Ashton||0|
|D E Llewellyn||1||G B A Lansdown||0|
|B M Tebb||0||A M Lightfoot||1|
|G B Stiles||1||E Davies||0|
|J E Banfield||1||R Adams||0|
|Rev G Ll Bainbridge||1||J Pool||0|
|T M Long||1||J F Morris||0|
|Rev D'Arcy Ward||1||W Davies||0|
|E Wilson||1||A P Higley||0|
|E S Miles||1||S Knight||0|
|O P Taylor||1||J W Fullwood||0|
|H J Sturton||1||A J Jelf||0|
|Maj E Molyneaux Seel||0||A Davis||1|
|F Lucas||0||W Hansford||1|