South Staffs Golf Club.
Originally located on Penn Common and founded in 1892, course ready for play 1893. There was a separate ladies’ course, which was abandoned in 1904 because of poor drainage. The ladies subsequently played on the men’s course, except for Saturday afternoons.
The club split in 1908, with some members moving to a new course at Danespark, Tettenhall, and the remainder staying on the Common as Penn Golf Club.