Stratford-on-Avon Golf Club.
Founded in 1894 the clubs first course was at Wilmcote. It only stayed here for a short time before moving to a site where the Menzies Welcombe Golf Club is now. In 1925 the Stratford club moved to its present site at Tiddington. This leaves a gap of about 50 years before the Welcombe Hotel Club first appeared.
The first professional at the Stratford-on-Avon club was Jack Burns, winner of the Open Championship in 1888. Other professionals at the Welcombe site; H Fitzjohn, 1896-98; A Fowler, 1899-1901; H Gisbourne, 1903-05; S G Harris, 1905-28.