Brintons Golf Club, Kidderminster.
In 1935 to the clubs final appearance in 1940 the secretary at Brintons Ltd Golf Club, Spennells, Kidderminster was A H Weavers, “Berwyn”, Lyndholm Road, Kidderminster. The greenkeeper was S Marsh. A 9 hole course with a SSS of 69 and a Par of 70. The club had a membership of 30. Visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, weekends and Bank Holidays 2/- a day. The club was licensed and the station at Kidderminster, Great Western Railway, was one mile away.
Below is the result of a match played at Spennells against Malvern St Andrews in June 1938.
|Brintons||Malvern St Andrews|
|E L Hartwell||0||H C Hill (1up)||1|
|A M Richardson||0||E Blann (2&1)||1|
|B Shellis (2&1)||1||C Langston||0|
|J Edwards (7&5)||1||G Moore||0|
|F Ward||0||G W Lloyd (1up)||1|
|W Bowen (6&5)||1||W F Reynolds||0|
|A H Morris (4&3)||1||P Scrivens||0|
|P J Harris (4&3)||1||W Reynolds||0|
|E Hartwell (4&3)||1||F Russell||0|
|E R Jones (4&3)||1||B Woodyate||0|
|F West||0||W Smith||1|