Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Tenbury Golf Club, Worcestershire.

Founded 1911.

There is evidence of an earlier club. In March 1899 a monthly medal was played by the Tenbury (St Michael’s) Golf Club, result as follows; Gentlemen – Rev C E Carnegie, 94-10-84; Rev E Hinchcliff, 96-8-88; Ladies – Miss A Murray, 138-5-133; Miss M Aytoun, 143-5-138; Mrs Shaw, 156-10-146; Miss E Murray, 156-10-146; Miss Murray, 165-12-153; Miss Norris, 179-18-161; Mrs Godson, 167, scratch; Mrs Haines, 199-24-175.

The St Michael’s club played on a course on Oldwood Common , Tenbury. (Grid reference SO58760,66360, co-ordinates 358760,266360.) See Google Map below.

 


View Larger Map

 

In 1914 the secretary was J J Dickinson and the professional P Williams. A 9 hole course situated on a public common with a membership of 60. Entry fee was£1/1/0. Subs for gents were £1/1/0 and ladies 15/-. Visitors’ fees were 1/6 a day. Sunday play was allowed without caddies. The station was 2 miles away.

The secretary throughout the 1920s and early 1930s was S H Mattock, Smithfield Offices, Tenbury Wells. The club had a membership of 82. Visitors’ fees for gents were 1/6 a day and ladies 1/- then 5/- a week and 15/- a month.

 

Tenbury golf course

Course location, Tenbury Golf Club had disappeared by the mid 1930s.