Beamish & District Golf Club, Durham.
Founded 1904/1906. Originally a 9 hole course extending to 12 holes in the 1930s. The station was ½ mile away. Sunday play was allowed without caddies.
Result of a one sided ladies match played between Beamish and Annfield Plain at Beamish in July 1910.
|Miss M Brown||1||Miss Parker||0|
|Miss Brown||1||Miss Trowsdale||0|
|Mrs Severs||1||Mrs Wilson||0|
|Mrs Low||1||Mrs Lumley||0|
|Miss Crane||1||Mrs Parker||0|
|Mrs Hunter||1||Mrs Jopling||0|
In 1913 the secretary was G L Wilson. Membership of 60. Entry fee 10/- and subs 15/-. Sunday play allowed without caddies.
In 1914 there was a membership of 100. Entry fee was 15/- and subs were 15/-. Visitors’ fees were 1/- a day.
In the mid 1930s the course was extended to 12 holes with a SSS of 66. Visitors’ fees were 1/6 a day, weekends and Bank Holidays 2/- a day . 5/- a week.
In the club’s last year in 1940, membership had risen to 230.
|1914||G L Wilson, Lloyds Bank, Stanley, County Durham.||A Lennard (p)|
|1922||W R Dodds, Stanley SO, Co Durham.|
|1930s||J J Morgan, 24 Sunny Terrace, Stanley, County Durham.||W Woodend (p) A Ferguson (g)|
|1940||W Buglass, 37 Twizell Road, Beamish.|
The current Beamish Park course is across the road near Phelp's Bridge.