Coxhoe District Golf Club, Durham.
On Wednesday 6th July 1910 a meeting was held in the P.M Schoolroom to discuss the formation of the Coxhoe and District Golf Club, John Ramsay, West Hetton Lodge, was in the chair. The proposed course on Cornforth Moor was repoted as being very suitable, and it was agreed "to stake it out" and to have six holes ready for play as soon as possible. About twenty people had already joined the club. John Wood J.P., ws appointed president; John Ramsay, chairman; Mr Pyke Wake, Bowburn, Coxhoe, secretary; J Pallister, treasurer; committee - Dr Brown, J J Smith, D Anderson, R Oxley and D McCrow.
It was reported in October 1910 that good progress was being made at "the new" Coxhoe and District Golf Club with membership over 40. Mr James Pallister, Woodside, Coxhoe, was now secretary at the club.
The annual meeting was held in the clubhouse, Coxhoe Bridge in March 1921, A Brighouse in the chair. The folowing officers were elected; President, John Wood, Coxhoe Hall; vice-presidents - Dr Brown, Dr Oliver, John Ramsay, A Brighouse, N G Bell, T A Saint, J Harding, Croxdale, W Alvey, Trimdon; captain, J Harding; vice-captain, C Jackman; joint secretaries, Mrs Saint and Mr R H Kirkup; treasurer, W H Smith; greens committee - J Sanderson, C Jackman and N G Bell; general committee - Mrs Bell, Mss Bell, Mrs Stokell, Miss Stokell, Miss Heron, Messrs. Saint, Alvey, Brighouse and E Anderson.
Mr A Brighouse presided over the annual meeting in December 1921. It was reported that the club was progressing well and that the year had been a successful one. It was decided to appoint a full time green-keeper to ensure the progression of the course. Mr T A Saint, Garmondsway House, Coxhoe, was appointed secretary, with Mrs Saint as assistant. President, John Wood; A Brighouse, treasurer; W H Smith, captain.
In 1930 the secretary was J Burnlea. A 9-hole course. the station at Coxhoe Bridge was 100yds away. Visitors’ fees were 1/6 a day. Sunday play was not allowed.