Lambton Colliery Golf Club, Fence Houses, Durham.
First appeared in the early 1920s. A 9 hole course with stations at Penshaw or Fence Houses ¾ mile away. Membership was 200 in the 1920s reducing to 100 by closure.
In 1924 visitors’ fees were 1/6 a day and 4/6 a week.
In 1929 the address was Lambton Collieries Golf Club, Philadelphia. Visitors’ fees were 2/- a day and 7/6 a week.
In 1935 visitors’ fees had been reduced to 1/6 a day and 5/- a week.
|1923||G M Tait, telephone Sunderland 1039.||J Maxwell (p)|
|1924||Captain E A Parke MC, Beechwood, Shiney Row, CD.||R Cobb (g)|
|1929||W Liddle, West View, Philadelphia.||R Harrison (p&g)|
|1935||G T Dixon, 6 Brompton Terrace, Philadelphia.||R Harrison (p&g)|
|1923||T Colpitts (am) 38. R Harrison (pro) 36|
|1926||R Harrison (pro) 72|
|1929 to closure||A Liddle (am) 78 R Harrison 68|