Corbridge Golf Club, Northumberland.
First appeared following WW1.
In 1923 the secretary was Norman Hudson, 55 Larkspur Terrace, Newcastle-on-Tyne and the professional H Raisbeck. A 9-hole course located south of Prospect Hill with a membership of 100. Visitors’ fees were; 1/- a day, 2/6 a week and 5/- a month. The station at Corbridge was 1 mile away.
In the late 1920s the secretary was Robert Hudson, Larkspur Terrace, Newcastle-on-Tyne.
In about 1934 the club moved to the north of Corbridge to a course located at Deadridge Lane, the A69 main road now runs through the middle of the former course. Grid reference for the Deadridge Lane course, NY99675,65500, co-ordinates 399675,565500.
For the second year in succession a Seghill player was successful in the Royal Infirmary competition, organized by the Northumberland Union of Golf Clubs and played over the Tynemouth course on Saturday 21st September 1935, a Corbridge golfer was runner-up; Leading scores; J G Forster (Seghill), 81-13-68; H Smith (Corbridge), 83-14-69; A E Howe (Morpeth), 88-18-70.
In 1940 and 1947 the address given was Corbridge Golf Club, Deadridge Lane. The secretary was A Beattie, Princes Street, Corbridge-on-Tyne and the green-keeper W Charlton. The 9-hole course had a SSS of 72. Visitors’ fees were; 1/6 a day, 2/- a day at weekend and Bank Holidays.
1951 and the secretary was M H Smith, “Greengates” Aydon Road, Corbridge-on-Tyne and the greenkeeper W B Hope. Club membership was 130. Visitors’ fees were; 2/- a day, 3/- at weekend and Bank Holiday. Local hotels were the Wheatsheaf and the Angel.
In 1954 the Corbridge club ceased to exist and most of the members went to play their golf at Hexham.