Cawthorne Golf Club, Barnsley, Yorkshire.
The course was laid out in Cannon Hall Park, Cawthorne. It first appeared in the 1920s and continued until the outbreak of WW2. The secretary was A Knight.
The area the course occupied on Cannon Hall Country Park was requisitioned by the War Office in 1940 and a camp was erected for the armed forces.
Following the war the land was used for open cast mining.
A tee from the original golf course could still be seen (2014).