Ferrymoor Golf Club, Engine Lane, Shafton, Barnsley.
First appeared in about 1930 when the secretary was J Cumming, 78 Newtown Avenue, Cudworth, Barnsley. Local hotels were the Royal and the Queens.
In the clubs final appearance in 1940 the secretary was E E Winstanley. A 9 hole course with a SSS of 68. Visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, 2/- on Sunday and bank Holidays. There was a local bus service to the course.
To give some idea as to the course location the Grid reference for the Ferrymoor area is, SE40475,08980, co-ordinates 440475,408980.