Congleton Golf Club.
Founded 1898. The original course is thought to have been near Congleton Railway Station. In 1904 it was decided that the location was unsuitable and the club moved to its present location at Mossley Hall Estate.
Result of the monthly medal played on Saturday December 30th 1899; E Berisford, 92-15-77; T Marston, 103-20-83; A P Cary-Field, 94-8-86; H Berisford, 104-18-86; Rev R H Pring, 121-26-95; P Berisford, 106-8-98; H Causton, 120-16-104.