Crewe Golf Club.
A competition was played under the auspices of the Crewe Golf Club on a course at Weston Lane on Saturday 29th April 1893. The prize was given by Mr T Latham. The heavy rain and blustery wind made play difficult, leading scores as follows; W J Thomas, 122-22-100; W Holland, 100 scratch; T Latham, 109-6-103; H Latham, 111-5-106; H Holland, 108-2-106; C H Pedley, 126-12-114; B W Graham, 125-10-115; E Rowlands, 130-15-115; W Thomas, 141-22-119. There were no returns from W G Badham (25) and A P Neumann (25).
It was reported in December 1893 that the North-Western Railway Company had acquired a large quantity of land to the north of the station which included Basford Hall Estate, comprising nearly 100 acres. The golf links and a portion of Lord Crewe’s land was also to be used in the proposed railway alterations
It’s possible that the club could have played at other locations in the 1890/1900s.
The current club was founded in 1910/11.