Barthomley Golf Club, Crewe, Cheshire.
Founded 1895. An 18 hole course. Railway stations were at Radway Green 1 ½ miles, Alsager 3 miles and Crewe 5 miles. Accommodation was available with Mr S Boffey at Old Hall Farm, Barthomley, this farm still exists and is on the map below.
In 1906 the secretary was R T Thistlethwaite and the professional from 1905 to 1906 was J Bamford who also held the course record at this time with a score of 69. Visitors’ fees on introduction were 1 day free, thereafter 1/- a day and 2/6 a week. Later in 1906, Herbert Ball became the professional, remaining with the club until 1912, when J Brassington took over.
In 1914 the Secretary was F Finlow, Elton, Sandbach. There was a membership of 100. Entry fees for gents were £1/1/0. There was no entry fee for ladies. Subs for gents were £2/2/0 and ladies £1/1/0. Visitors’ fees at this time were 1/- a round, 2/- a day, 7/6 a week and £1 a month. Sunday play was allowed without caddies, after 1pm.
Barthomley Golf Club disappeared after WW1.