Chadderton Golf Club, Greater Manchester.
Founded in 1912.The original 9 hole course was located opposite Chadderton Hall Park. At the outbreak of WW1 the land was requisitioned by the military for use as an army camp. Following the war a 14 hole course was laid out near the Duke of Bridgewater pub and Rochdale Canal. The course was eventually extended to 18 holes with a SSS of 67. It proved a very popular course with membership peaking at 250. Unfortunately with the onset of WW2, as with many clubs, membership dwindled to just over 100 and the decision was made to wind up the club in 1942.
|1930s||F Whittaker, Hope House, Chadderton.||C Harvey (p)|
|1940/47||A Kean, "Waverley" 60 Haigh Lane, Chadderton.||F Cooper (p)|
In 1929 the SSS was 65.Visitors’ fees were 2/6 a day. The station at Middleton was 1 mile away.
In 1940 and 1947 the amateur course record held by W Young 69. Visitors’ fees were 1/6 a day, 2/6 a day at weekends.
The course can be seen on the Britain From Above link below.