Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Birthwaite Golf Club, Windermere.

It was reported in April 1905 that it had been decided to lay out a nine-hole course at Windermere. The proposed new club would be known as the Birthwaite Golf Club.

In March 1906 a course of nine-holes, with a possibility of extending to eighteen, had just opened. It was located on the Rayrigg estate at Windermere, a few minutes' walk from the station. The Rev Hugh Fleming, the owner of the estate, was the president of the club. A fair number had already joined the club, chiefly tradesmen and professional men.    

The secretary in 1914 was George O'Nichol. The course was still in existence up to WW2.

The course was located on land between Birthwaite Road and Beemire Lane (Longlands Road).

 

Birthwaite Golf Club, Windemere. Location of the course in 1912.

The Birthwaite course is marked in the centre of the above map. Reproduced from the {1912} Ordnance Survey Map.

 

If anyone has any information regarding Birthwaite Golf Club please "contact us"

 


View Larger Map