Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Armathwaite Golf Club, Cumbria.

The club was founded in 1907.

In 1914 Armathwaite Golf Club, Cumberland the secretary was F Sandeman and the professional and green-keeper was J R Richardson, who had been at the club since 1911. A 14-hole course with a bogey score of 76 and a membership of 70. There was no entry fee. Subs were £2/2/0. Visitors’ fees were 2/- a day and 10/- a week. If visitors were staying at local hotels they paid 1/6 a day and 7/6 a week. Sunday play was allowed without caddies. The station was 7 minutes (½ mile) away.

Armathwaite Golf Club disappeared after WW1.

It states above that the course was half mile from the station which is shown on the Google Map below. If anyone can help with the history or the exact location of the former golf course please "Contact Us" via the website homepage.