Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Arnside Golf Club, Cumbria.

Founded 1906/7. In 1914 the secretary was B T Hudson, Whitbarrow House, Arnside and  the professional George Bailey.  A 9 hole course with a membership of 96. There was no entry fee. Subs for gents were £1/1/0 and ladies 10/6. Visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, 3/6 a week and 10/6 a month. Sunday play was not allowed. The station at Arnside was ¾ mile away. J W Mitchell took over as secretary sometime during 1914.

The Arnside Golf Club course and clubhouse.

Ruskin Series Postcard showing the course and pavilion. Authors Collection.

 

Location of the Arnside Golf Club course.

Location of the course in 1920.Grid reference SD45355,77700, co-ordinates 345355,477700.

 

Arnside Golf Club disappeared in the early 1920s.