Heversham Head Golf Club, Cumbria.
First appeared in the mid 1930s when the address was Heversham Head Golf Club, Westmoreland. The secretary was J K Jackson, 14 Finkle Street, Kendal. Club membership was 75.
In 1940 to its closure following WW2 the joint secretaries were L G Powell, Milnthorpe and M Higginbottom, Heversham the greenkeeper was H Nicholson. A 9 hole course with a membership of about 90. Visitors’ fees were 1/6 a day, 5/- a week and 15/- a month and Sunday play was allowed. There were stations at Heversham 1 mile and Milnthorpe 2 ¼ miles. Local hotel was the Heversham.