Keswick Golf Club, Cumbria.
Founded 1894. In 1906 the secretary was N Robinson, Solicitor, Keswick. The professional was Dan Parker. A 9 hole course. Course records were, amateur A C Allan with a score of 37 and professional Dan Parker 35. The Station at Keswick was 3 minutes away. Visitors’ fees were 1/- a day, 4/- a week and 10/- a month. The local hotel was The Keswick whose residents had free use of one of the “finest inland courses in the kingdom“
In 1914 the secretary was Dr Mathewson. The professional was D Parker. Club membership of 91. The entry fee for gents was 10/- Subs for gents were 30/- ladies paid 5/- and 15/- respectively. Visitors’ fees were 1/6 a day, 5/- a week and 10/- a month. Sunday play was not allowed. The station was a 3 minute walk away.
In 1923 the secretary was Robert F Chambers, 36 Blencartha Street, Keswick. The greenkeeper was Dan Parker, the former professional. The membership was now 200. Amateur course record holder was F Havis with a score of 31. Visitors’ fees were 2/6 a day, 10/- a week, 15/- a fortnight and 25/- a month.
A mixed foursome was played on Friday 17th June 1938, result; Miss Bartlett & G Leslie, 66; Miss Temple & R Dennison, 66½.
From 1940 to the clubs disappearance in the 1950s the secretary was G L Davies, 55 Headlands, Keswick. The greenkeeper was the long serving Dan Parker. 9 holes with a membership of 150. Visitors now paid 3/- a day, 12/6 a week and 30/- a month. Sunday play was now permitted.
The current Keswick club appeared in the mid 1970s.