Childwall Golf Club, Liverpool.
In 1922 the club obtained land at Childwall Hall and a course of 14 holes was laid out. It was extended to 18 holes in the mid 1920s. In 1937 there was a dispute regarding the rental of the land and the club moved to a site in Gateacre. In 1939 James Braid laid out the new Childwall golf course, the current home of Childwall Golf Club. The clubs early history is based on the Woolton Hall Golf Club (see entry for Woolton Hall)