Caversham & South Oxford Golf Club, Berkshire.
Founded 1910. In 1914 the secretary was C Pett-Triscott, Golf Club Emmer Green, Caversham and the professional Alec H Bishop (1910 -1920). 18 holes with a membership of 325. There was no entry fee. Subs for gents were £3/3/0 and ladies £2/2/0. Visitors’ fees were 2/6 a day, ladies paid 1/6 with no restrictions. Sunday play was allowed with caddies. The station at Reading was about 2 miles away.
In the early and mid 1920s the secretary was J O Anderson, professional D Crook (1920 -1930) and the greenkeeper ? Green. Course records, amateur M E Neale 72, professional A H Bishop 69. Visitors 2/6 a day, weekends and bank holidays 3/6, 10/- a week, ladies 2/-, 3/-, 7/6.
In 1927 the secretary was H D Hawkins. Membership was about 320. Local hotel was the Bridge.
In the late 1920s Caversham & South Oxford disappeared and Reading & South Oxford Golf Club appears. It became Reading Golf Club in 1939.