Newbury and District Golf Club, Berks.
First appeared in 1924. An 18 hole course on Greenham Common.
|1924||Colonel E A Stanton.||F J Perkins (p&g)|
|1930||C W Bloxsom||G Riches (p&g)|
|1935/40||C W Bloxsom, Sandhill, Hermitage, Bucks.||J Hughes (p) A Whitlock (g)|
|1947||P H Greader, Rayfield, Newtown Road, Newbury.||J Hughes (p) T Barton (g)|
|1930||H D Floyd, amateur, 71 G Riches, professional, 67.|
|1935/40||W K T Hope, amateur 70, J Hughes, professional, 66.|
|Fees, location, membership, hotels etc|
|1924||Visitors’ fees were 2/6 a day, 5/- at weekend. Sunday play was allowed with caddies. The station at Newbury was 2 miles away.|
|1930||Visitors’ fees were now 2/6 a round, 3/6 a day, 5/- at weekend and on Bank Holidays. Membership of 340. Local hotels were the Chequers, Queens and White Hart.|
|1940||Visitors’ fees were 2/6 a round, 3/6 a day, weekends and Bank Holidays 5/- a day (3/6 after 2pm). SSS of 72 and a membership of 280.|
|1947||Visitors’ fees were now 3/6 a round, 5/- a day, weekends and Bank Holidays 7/6 a round, 10/- a day. Half fees if playing with a member. Local hotels were the Chequers, Queen’s, White Hart and the Beacon Arms. S.S.S of 73 and a membership of 290.|
Became Newbury & Crookham following WW2.