Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Bellingham Golf Club, Greater London. (1907 - 1950)

Founded in 1907.

A 9-hole course that was pleasantly situated on undulating ground. The holes were long and varied in character, the total length of the course was nearly 3,000yds.  The secretary just prior and following WW1 was John B Lee, 23 Brackley Road, Beckenham. Railway stations at Lower Sydenham and Beckenham Hill were both 5 minutes from the course. Local hotel was the Railway.

The winner of the November medal 1908 was A F Ramsay. 

The January 1909 monthly medal was won by J L Clancy, 92 net. The monthly bogey competition was won by R C Boothby, 7 down.

From the Sporting Life Friday 9th July 1909. "At the Bellingham Club's meeting the mixed foursome competition resulted in favour of Miss Robertson and A F Ramsay with 94 net; Mrs Donnellan and J R Stagg were second, 98 net. In the men's foursome J R Stagg and H W Stagg proved successful. The spring tournament final was won by R V Donnellan. The July medal competitions resulted as follows; Ladies - Mrs Goosey (12) and Mrs Donnellan (20) tied with 105 net; Men - S E F Kani (21) 76 net." 

October 1910 monthly medal result; First Division - R H L Gordon, 84 net; Second Division - W K Barnes, 81 net. In the autumn mixed foursomes Miss Pinchbeck and Rev. B G Popham (11) and Mrs Wilson and Dr. Puddicombe (18) tied with 90 net.

In 1914 the professional was B Rhodes. There was a membership of  150 gents 65 ladies. Entry fees for gents were £3/3/0, ladies £1/1/0, midweek members £2/2/0. Subs for gents were £3/13/6, ladies £1/1/0, midweek £2/2/0. Visitors’ fees were 2/6 a day. Ladies were not allowed to play at weekends or on Bank Holidays. Sunday play was allowed without caddies.

In 1922 the professional was A Foreman and the greenkeeper C Jillings. The professional course  record was held by  B Rhodes with a score of 66. Visitors fees on introduction by member were 2/6 a round and  5/- a day.

In 1940 the secretary was J A Milne and the greenkeeper J Brown. The 9 hole course had a Standard Scratch and Par of 68. There was a membership of 60. Amateur course record by E W I Johnson 67. Visitors fees were 1/6 a day, Sundays 2/-, 2/6 a week, 10/6 a fortnight and 15/- a month. Sunday play without caddies.

In 1947 there was a revised SSS and Par of 70. Visitors’ fees had increased to 2/- a day and 7/6 a week. All other information as 1940.

Bellingham & Foxgrove Golf Club, London. Location of the course.

Bellingham course to the north.

Bellingham Golf Club had disappeared by the early 1950s.