Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Beulah Hill Golf Club, Norbury, Greater London.(1913 - WW1)

Founded in 1913 the secretary was T C Quiney, “Bickleigh” Gildersfield Road, Streatham, telephone Streatham 82. The professionals were F Cox 1913/4 and W Nickerson 1915 to 1917. An 18 hole course with a membership of 290. Entry fees were £2/2/0 and subs £5/5/0. Visitors’ fees, on introduction, were 1/- a day, weekends and Bank Holidays 2/6. Sunday play was allowed with caddies.  The railway stations were at Norbury ¾ mile and Norwood 1 mile.

Below is a report on the proposed opening of the club in April 1913.

 

Beulah Hill Golf Club, Norbury, London. Report on the new club and course April 1913.

 

Beulah Hill Golf Club, Norbury, London. Report on the new club and course April 1913.

From The Norwood News Saturday 26th April 1913. Image © Trinity Mirror. Image created courtesy of THE BRITISH LIBRARY BOARD.

 

Beulah Hill Golf Club, Norbury, London. Music Hall Artists at the club in 1915.

 

Image (above) and following text from the Sunday Pictorial July 25th 1915.  "Here are some music-hall artists who entertained a number of our wounded soldiers at the Beulah Hill Golf Club House. Our picture shows "Dusky Rhodes" Miss Ella Shields and Mrs Cook." 

In July 1915 Mr A C Rose holed in one at the eighth. 

Beulah Hill Golf Club disappeared after WW1.