Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas



Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


St George’s Golf Club, Weybridge. 

In 1929, to attract new members, the St George’s Golf Club opened a second eighteen course designed by Harry Colt called the “New” it measured 5,246 yards and had a bogey 71.

Following WW2 the course was reduced to nine-holes, this was due to lack of funds and a reduction in membership numbers.

The nine-holes were reconfigured in 1987 and renamed the “Green Nine.” 

 

St George's Golf Club, Weybridge. "New" Course layout.

Above is an overlay of the “New” course. Image courtesy of Tim Lobb, golf course architect, at http://www.tpl.eu.com/ and the St George’s Golf Club.

 

St George's Golf Club, Weybridge. The course on the 1936 O.S map.

The above map shows the location of the former “New” eighteen-hole course. © Crown Copyright {1936}

The arrow pinpoints the location of the former eighteen-hole new course.