Ashdown Park Golf Club, Coulsdon, Surrey
Founded 1912. In 1914 the secretary was F R Marten, Ashdown Park Hotel, Coulsdon telephone Purley 185 and the professional was C Hyde. A 9 hole course in the grounds of Ashdown Park Hotel, where golfers were specially catered for. Membership was 50, plus five day members. The entry fee for gents was £1/1/0 and ladies 10/6. Subs for gents were £2/10/0 and ladies £1/10/0. Visitors were welcome at 1/6 a day, Sundays 2/- and they had the use of the hotel at club prices. Sunday play was allowed without caddies. The station at Coulsdon was 15 minutes away.
Ashdown Park Golf Club did not appear after WW1. The Ashdown Park Hotel was previously known as Hooley House. It was demolished in 1971 and a housing estate now occupies the site.
The Google Map below pinpoints the location of the former Ashdown Park Hotel.