Effingham Manor Golf Club, Leatherhead, Surrey.
First appeared in 1926. In 1928 the secretary was Captain J A Ferguson, telephone Bookham 200. The professional was W Mitchell. An 18 hole course. Visitors’ fees were 3/6 a day, 7/6 at the weekend. The station at Effingham Junction was 1 ½ miles away.
In 1930 the secretary was W Greenstock, Windyridge, Effingham the professional was W Mitchell and the greenkeeper H Hatto. Professional course record by T H Cotton 68.
In 1935 the secretary was Major H O Cundall the professional still W Mitchell the greenkeeper was now J Williams. Amateur course record G Illingworth 73.
In 1940 the secretary was Q H L Saltmarsh. 18 holes with a SSS of 74 and membership of 450. Course records, amateur C D Gray 72, professional T H Cotton 68.
In 1947 the secretary was J R Wilson, “Shalford”, Longhurst Road, East Horsley, Surrey. A residential club for members and guests of members with accommodation available for 24 residents.
By 1951 Effingham Manor Golf Club had disappeared. Effingham is the current club.