Kemp Town Golf Club, Sussex.
Founded 1893. A 12-hole course on the Downs south of Brighton Racecourse. The club struggled in the early years with course layout and the remoteness of its location. Further land was obtained alongside Rottingdean Road and a new clubhouse was erected near the main road.
It was reported in April 1901 that the Duke and Dutchess of Fife had engaged George Harris, the Kemp Town professional, as private golf coach and he has resigned his post as Kemp Town professional. He had frequently given golf lessons to the Duke and Dutchess.
The club became a limited liability company and changed its name to East Brighton in 1902.