King Arthur's Golf Club, Tintagel, Cornwall.
Founded 1912. The 9 hole course was situated on rolling ground on the Bruely Cliffs on the Bossiney side of King Arthur's Castle Hotel with magnificent coast views. The course was planned and constructed under the advice of J H Taylor who considered the fourth and seventh to be two of the best short holes he had seen. The seventh hole which was 184yds in length had a deep gorge on the left of the green.
|1912-17||William Taylor.||W J Hearn (p)|
|1923||Samuel Harris (g)|
|1940-49||F J Dykes.||F Rosevar (g)|
|1950s||F Rosevar (g)|
In 1914 there was no entry fee. Subs were £1/1/0. Visitors’ fees were 5/- a week and 15/- a month. Sunday play was allowed without caddies.
In 1923 visitors’ fees were 3/- a day, 12/6 a week and 25/- a month.
From 1940 to 1949 the visitors’ fees had been reduced to 2/6 a day, 7/6 a week and 21/- a month.
In the clubs last year in 1959 King Arthur's Castle Golf Club telephone number was 2. Visitors’ fees were 5/-a day.
The course can be seen on the Britain From Above link below.
King Arthur's Golf Club disappeared in the 1960s