Burlescombe Golf Club, Devon.
First appeared in the mid 1920s when the secretary was R T Faulkner, Midland Bank, Wellington, Somerset. A 9 hole course. The professional and greenkeeper was P H Johnson. Visitors’ fees were 2/6 a day and 12/6 a month. The railway station at Burlescombe (GWR) was ¾ mile away.
In 1940 and 1947 the secretary was Ewart Oxley, Sunny Bank, Wellington. The professional and greenkeeper was still P H Johnson. The 9 hole course had a SSS of 69 and a membership of 120. Visitors’ fees were now 2/- a day, 7/6 a week and 30/- a month. Sunday play was allowed.