Overcombe Golf Club, Weymouth, Dorset.
First appeared in the mid 1930s. In 1940 the secretary was A J Mayne, 8 Preston Road, Weymouth and the Greenkeeper H Sheppard. A 9 hole par 30 course with a membership of 41. Visitors’ fees were 2/6 a day, 7/6 a week and 12/6 a month. Sunday play allowed. The railway station at Weymouth was 2 miles away.
In 1947 the secretary was L E Randall, The Embassy, Overcombe and the greenkeeper H Carnell. Membership had reduced by just one to 40.