Clifton Downs Golf Club, Bristol, Somerset.
Founded 1895. In 1914 the secretary was F H Thomas, 32 Upper Belgrave Road, Clifton, Bristol. The professional was T Toogood (1907 - 1914). A 9 hole course on Durdham Downs with a membership of 300. There was no entry fee. The subs for gents were 10/6 and ladies 5/-. Visitors’ fees 2/6 a month. Sunday play was not allowed. Station at Clifton Downs was ½ mile away.
From 1923 to the clubs last appearance in 1959 the secretary was still Frank H Thomas now 18 Upper Belgrave Road, Clifton. The professional and greenkeeper was A Toogood (1914 to closure). Membership was between 200 and 300 during this time. Course records, amateur 71 and professional 72. Visitors’ fees 1/6 a week and 2/6 a month. Sunday play was not allowed.
The Google Map below pinpoints Clifton/Durdham Downs.